Justin Herbert and the Oregon defense made a second half rally to remember, but came up short in double overtime. California snapped a seven game losing streak to the Ducks with a 52-49 victory in Berkeley. Listen below to audio from an emotional Mark Helfrich and Ducks’ players, as well as our postgame stories.
True Freshman Justin Herbert Rallies Comeback, Makes Fatal Mistake in First Road Start (by Zach Bigley)
Oregon Explodes in Second Half, Comes Up Short Again (by Marc Grandi)
Head Coach Mark Helfrich
Defensive Coordinator Brady Hoke
Offensive Coordinator Matt Lubick
QB Justin Herbert
RB Royce Freeman
WR Charles Nelson
RB Tony Brooks-James
LB Kaulana Apelu
DB Tyree Robinson
DE Jalen Jelks
Hosts: Greg Kelly and Ian Gerig
6:05 Matching Up the Golden Bears and the Ducks
- Initial Thoughts
- What are the implications of this game?
- What can the Ducks do to win their first road game?
6:30 Oregon Football Looks for Their First Pac-12 Win
- Vic Enwere is out for the year – does this slow down the Cal rushing attack?
- Chad Hansen: Midseason All-American – will the Ducks secondary step up?
- What do both of these QBs have to do against these low-rated defenses?
- Chris Clayton on the Oregon defensive struggles hurting the offense
- What does the Ducks’ running game have to do in order to keep Cal off-balanced?
- Does Cal have the answer stopping Oregon’s WR corps.?
6:45 Storylines Coming out of the Bye Week
- Dissention in the locker room
- What a bye week meant to both of these teams?
- Zach Bigley on the bye week helping the team
- At what point do you let go of a head coach?