HOSTS: Marc Grandi, Bill Braker, and Ethan Wyss
6:00 Oregon Softball Dominates Weekend at Home
- 5-0 win over No. 2 Oklahoma – could Ducks play any better?
- Sweep of Stanford but Oregon struggles at times
- Predicting this week’s NFCA Top-25 Poll – where are the Ducks?
6:20 GUEST: Mike White (Oregon Softball Head Coach)
6:30 Oregon Baseball Swept in Corvallis
- Ducks competitive for most of series, can’t sneak out with a win
- Still can’t get offense and pitching to work in unison
- Does this sweep doom the Ducks’ postseason hopes?
6:45 Oregon Football Spring Season Officially Over
- Offense wins Spring Game, but was defense more impressive?
- Which players stood out during the game?
- Any questions answered heading into the offseason?
After a shaky start defensively for Oregon, the Ducks were able to bounce back and defeat Stanford 4-1. Oregon’s runs came from a variety of hitters, the Ducks had four different players drive in a run. One player who was consistent was freshman Mary Iakopo. Iakopo went 3-3 on the day and also scored a run. The Ducks defensively were off to start the game. After a meeting with head coach Mike White to follow the first inning, the Ducks never looked back as they played solid defensive to finish the game. In the circle for the Ducks was Megan Kleist, Kleist went seven innings giving up six hits and one run. Kleist despite a shaky start first inning was able to bounce back and dominate the rest of the game. The Ducks will be looking for the season sweep tomorrow against the Cardinal.
Game Story (by Gabriel Ornelas)
Head Coach Mike White
Freshman Mary Iakopo