Two freshmen lefties, Oregon’s Cole Stringer and Oregon State’s Christian Martinek, took the mound Wednesday night at PK Park as the Ducks managed to squeak out a victory. The Ducks just needed a seven-run second inning and eight pitchers to earn their 18th win of the season. Although Oregon remains tied in 5th place in the Pac-12 standings with USC and Stanford, they take on the cellar-dwelling Washington St. Cougars in a three-game series Friday night hoping to gain some vital conference wins before the season comes to a close.
Game Story by Greg Kelly
Hosts: Greg Kelly, Alex Castle, Austin Cracraft
6:00 Oregon Baseball Falls to UCLA 6-3 in the Series Opener
- Any positives from the game?
- Krook’s control problems in the first inning
- Will the Ducks pitching and hitting get on the same page?
- What will it take for the Ducks to salvage two wins in this series?
6:25 Oregon Softball Takes On The Sun Devils in Tempe
- Keys to the game
- Will we see the “old” Cheridan Hawkins?
- Do Janelle Lindvall and Gwen Svekis break out in this series?
- What is the X-factor in this series?
6:45 Professional Sports
- MLB: Arrieta tosses the first no-hitter of 2016. Could this be the year for the Cubs?
- NBA: No sweep for the Curry-less Warriors. Should “The City” be worried?
- NHL: Blackhawks avoid elimination in 2 OT vs. the Blues. Has the momentum shifted in this series?