HOSTS: Marc Grandi, Ian Gerig, and Jordan Brenner
6:00 Oregon Softball Dominates the Kajikawa Classic
- Were the results/how it happened at all surprising?
- Do the Ducks still have the ability to manufacture runs?
- Evaluating the newcomers after the first weekend
- Checking in on Oregon’s right field options
6:15 GUEST: Mike White (Oregon Softball Head Coach)
6:30 Oregon MBB Takes Care of Business at Home
- Most impressive weekend of the season?
- Is Kenny Wooten the key for this Ducks team?
- Road to the postseason is now much clearer
6:45 Oregon WBB Handles the Washington Trip
- Ruthy Hebard’s incredible weekend
- Ducks are back to full strength
- Still a three-way tie atop the Pac-12 conference
The Ducks were able to beat the struggling Cougars in convincing fashion, 84-57. Oregon’s press really picked up in the second half, resulting in the team recording 11 steals and 21 points in the fast break. Troy Brown had 5 of those steals, as he also finished with a double-double of 16 points and 10 rebounds. Sophomore Payton Pritchard also had a double-double with 19 points and 10 assists. Overall, five Ducks scored in double figures. The Ducks shot 50.9% from the field compared to the Cougars 39.2%. With the win tonight, the Ducks swept the Washington schools and won both games by over 20 points. The Ducks improve to 17-8 overall, 7-5 in PAC-12 play, while the Cougars fall to 9-15 overall and 1-11 in PAC-12 play. The Ducks play next on Thursday, Feb. 15 at USC at 6 pm.
Head Coach Dana Altman
Guard Payton Pritchard and Forward MiKyle McIntosh
– Jonathan Rifkind