Want to gain some fantastic leadership experience, boost your resume, and get paid for doing what you love? You’ve come to the right place! KWVA has a few student job openings for positions that start next fall. Check out the descriptions below! Applications are due by noon on May 22nd.
Position # Position Title (On Handshake)
2717702 KWVA Music Director
2717716 KWVA Music Blog Director
KWVA Music Director: $475 per term
Purpose: To establish and maintain relationships with national music promoters and record labels; To chart the KWVA top music played list weekly, provide to DJs and submit to NACC; To maintain and develop the KWVA music library.
I. Administrative Duties:
- Recruit, train and coordinate staff of assistant music directors, music reviewers and format directors;
- Maintain and continually update musical library through the procurement of musical materials from music labels, promotion companies, and other sources;
- Maintain a database to keep track of KWVA music property and the individual who check-out music to review;
- Establish and maintain productive and professional relationships with music labels;
- Coordinate with Production Director and Scheduling Coordinator on live in-studio performances;
- Hold monthly music open house/reviewer meetings;
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
II. Clerical Duties:
- Supervise the entire musical library, including all genres;
- Maintain KWVA Digital Music Library;
- Maintain KWVA Digital Rotation Library;
- Keep entire musical library color coded by genre and up to current station standards;
- Make weekly reports to NACC and all other industry trade magazines and journals to which the station reports;
- Post weekly charts for all in KWVA to view in studio and on the KWVA website;
- Identify all unacceptable tracks on CDs as per FCC regulations;
- Submit quarterly department reports to the General Manager.
KWVA Music Blog Director: $325 per term
Purpose: The KWVA Music Blog Director supports the online presence of the Music Department.
This position is responsible for posting weekly content to the KWVA Music Blog (kwvaradio.org) via the WordPress dashboard, engaging DJs to produce content, and collaborating with the Promotions Department to strategically feature Music content. This leadership position is expected to take approximately 10 hours/week for best learning outcomes.
The responsibilities of the Music Blog Director include.
- Weekly Postings
- Soliciting DJ Involvement – album and concert reviews, playlists, spotlights, and any other creative content they bring to the Music Department.
- Collaborating with Music Director and Promotions Director for web presence.
- Assist the Music Director and DJ Director with regular Music Listening Parties.