DJ Spotlight: DJ Flamps of Tuesday Lovin’

Whatchu know about DJ Flamps?! Not enough, that’s for sure. Check out this sweet spotlight on the provider of Tuesday Lovin‘, DJ Flamps.

DJ Name & Show Title: DJ Flamps of Tuesday Lovin’

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

Show time and day: 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, Tuesdays, Winter 2016

12364366_943579192393377_703835181_o

Show genres: Pop, rock, funk, alternative, dance

Artists commonly played on show: Neil Young, Toro y Moi, Portugal. The Man, Third Eye Blind, Sylvan Esso, Beach Boys

How long have you been a DJ? Since May 2015

Top 5 albums of 2015:
Currents – Tame Impala
Coming Home – Leon Bridges
I Love You, Honeybear – Father John Misty
Ratchet – Shamir
Sound and Color – Alabama Shakes

12421621_948048031946493_2111382384_n

If you could only play one album on the radio for the rest of your DJ career, what would it be and why?

Third Eye Blind is all time for me. They have been my favorite band since day one! I used to hear “Semi-Charmed Life” at my mom’s happy hours and dance like a rockstar with my friends upstairs. I’ve seen them live a couple of times now and they just rock! I would probably just pick the Third Eye Blind: A Collection album because it has a taste of all their albums.

How did you come up with your DJ name and/or show name?

Shout outs to Alyssa, Meghan, Lauren, and Isabel for coming up with the word “flamp” at Sasquatch last year. Flamps means anything but not anything can mean flamps. It’s a silly name come up with some silly girls. And it’s really fun to say.

12421625_948048021946494_1127239413_n

Dream guest to have on your show?

If Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie came on my show it would probably be the worst interview ever because I would just tell them how much I love them the whole time. Both women are badasses and so talented. I saw Fleetwood Mac last Decmeber in Dallas and was smiling the whole time. Fleetwood Mac rocks and I hope to see them again.

Thanks, DJ Flamps! If you’re interested in being the next DJ in the spotlight, contact music@kwvaradio.org.